This program will provide physical home modifications to increase access and prevent the institutionalization of citizens with severe disabilities and elderly persons. The eligibility criteria and guidelines are as follows:
- The program is for persons who have a disability that limit access to mobility within their home
- Program beneficiaries must provide documentation from a physician or other qualified healthcare professional in order to provide accessibility modifications including but not limited to:
- Ramps, lifts, door widening, visual door bells, and other modifications that will improve the ability of the person to enter and exit their home
- Adaptive modifications to include: widening hallways, lowering counters, enlarging bathrooms, or adding grab bars
- Other adaptive modifications that will enable a person with a disability to remain in their home and preform the activities of daily living
- All properties targeted by this program must be habitable, structurally sound, and compliant with appropriate codes.
- CCRA’s will prioritize those who are in dire need of adaptive modifications in order to remain in their homes and out of skilled nursing facilities, will be a priority.
- Second priority will be citizens currently in skilled nursing facilities, who would be able to safely return home with all the necessary adaptive modifications.
- Those who are not in need of adaptive modifications will be placed at the bottom of CCRA’s waiting list for future funding opportunities not related to adaptive rehabilitation.